Challenges include: The size of the market, the many languages, cultural & political differences, travel difficulties, monetary barriers, political stabilities or any lack of such. The region can be divided into three tiers based on the size of the population and economic strength. Opportunities/Tactics include: Focusing on national consortia, working with primary universities in: Social Sciences and Humanities, Health Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Physcis, Chemistry, Math & Biology. Providing training and tutorials and local help desks in each country as well as meetings, mini-expos, sales seminars.
You may also like:
- Consortia to consortia: The challenges and opportunities of the ALPSP Learned Journals Collection
- Publishing in Latin America and the Caribbean: innovative models
- Keynote: Open Access Journals in Latin America
- Research is also for non-scholar audiences: lessons from Latin America
- The Open Access Model in Latin America