Sara Velas is a visual artist and the founder and director of THE VELASLAVASAY PANORAMA in Los Angeles, California, USA. She has traveled extensively throughout the world to visit the Great Panorama Rotundas which have endured from the 19th Century along with contemporary examples to experience the unique immersive state the art form ellicits. Born in Panorama City, California, Ms. Velas received her BFA from Washington University School of Art in St. Louis, Missouri in 1999 as a painting major. In 2006, the California Community Foundation awarded an Emerging Artist Fellowship to Ms. Velas in recognition of her work with The Velaslavasay Panorama which has recently unveiled a new major panoramic exhibition titled “EFFULGENCE OF THE NORTH”. More information on The Velaslavasay Panorama can be found at www.panoramaonview.org.
You may also like:
- Barker’s View of Plymouth and other early Topographical and Naval Panoramas
- A Time Travelling Panorama: The Battle of Trafalgar in a Robinson Crusoe Pantomime
- From London to Paris: A newly discovered Moving Toy Panorama
- Panorama from Rotterdam to the sea
- Digital research, analog publishing: one scientist’s view