A few words on OTF fonts (a few because the subject can not be exhausted, one can only dip ones toe).
Examples of their use in TeX installations:
- conversion to Type1 fonts,
- through use in XeTeX.
I will try to show an ornamental design with frills, typeset with XeTeX… perhaps a wedding invitation? Yes. That’s a good idea. An addressed invitation to a wedding.
Examples of the use of such fonts in programs like Adobe Illustrator or Adobe InDesign.
The presentation is intended to take a form of a demo rather than of a lecture.
You may also like:
- Threefold on typesetting of E. Szarzyński’s letters: æstetic–, XeTeX– and a little hacker–wise (in Polish)
- Fonts in LaTeX documents — a tutorial (in Polish)
- What’s new in the XeTeX world?
- Features of a robotic typesetter: best practices in defining and implementing OpenType Layout features for European fonts
- OTF format or name sorcery (in Polish)