Artists use UpStage to collaborate in real-time on live performances for an online audience, using the web interface to manipulate graphics, animations, text, text2speech, audio, web cams and drawing, creating live performances that are accessible to anyone with a standard browser and internet connection. The application, which is open source and written in Python, sits on a server so there is no need for artists or audience to download or install anything.
You may also like:
- The Open Source Publishing Platform
- Baroque Dreams: Live Multimedia Performance, Interpretive Culture, and Open Source Software
- Open Source Graphics and Web Services: A panel discussion
- Annotum: an open-source journal authoring and publishing platform based on WordPress
- Data Viz: Open Source and Sources