Mendeley was started in 2008 by three Ph.D. students in a kitchen. Four years later, it has grown into a community of over 1.5 million researchers around the world who have collectively uploaded more than 220 million research papers, making Mendeley the world’s largest scientific collaboration platform and database. This talk will highlight the two pillars of Mendeley’s business model and success: User experience and user contributions to literally everything they do.
You may also like:
- Keynote – Beyond online newspapers. How technology can open up newspapers, create global audiences and renew a commercial model in decline. GNM: a work in progress
- Transforming Technical Education for a Computational World
- Integrating content to aid discoverability: why we put all our eggs in one basket
- Vision, Users, Developers – what drives innovation at Mendeley?”
- Developing Applications for Elsevier’s SciVerse Platform, Developer Perspective