This session will bring together four librarians representing a cross section of STM intensive institutions. The session will be driven by questions and interests of STM members including: how librarians make content decisions, budgeting, new roles for librarians, impact of mobile technologies, institutional repositories, role of the consortium and more . . .
Moderators: Della Sar, Director, Institutional Relations, Nature Publishing Group and T. Scott Plutchak, Associate Professor and Director of the Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences, University of Alabama, Birmingham (UAB)
Session organized jointly with the Chicago Collaborative.
- Ivy Anderson, Director, Collection Development & Management Program, California Digital Library
- Jill Emery, Collections Librarian, Portland State University Library
- Steven Gass, Associate Director for Research and Instructional Services, MIT Libraries
- Lorraine J. Haricombe, Dean of Libraries, University of Kansas
You may also like:
- Panel: Using E-Books now – Librarians provide insight into the good, the bad, and the not so bad
- Update on the Chicago Collaborative – Bringing the Stakeholders Together
- Collections 2021: the future of the collection is not a collection
- Research Library Futures
- Data wranglers in LibraryLand: Finding opportunities in the changing policy landscape