Libraries, disciplines, publishers, and independent organizations currently offer models for data preservation. With the increasing number of governmental and institutional mandates, the question of who should play the role of data custodian is pressing. Panelists will introduce interesting models and partnerships and will address accompanying challenges, including format obsolescence, unique identifiers, and openness.
You may also like:
- Riding the Data Wave: Research Libraries’ Role and Response
- Concurrent 1D: The Research Data Hot Potato: Who Preserves It?
- Information Overload – Reaching Readers in a State of Distraction: Introduction
- To Infinity and Beyond: Using Data to Create Next Generation eBooks: Introduction
- Contributor Identification Is a Core Challenge in Data Publication