Books are designed for readers; eBooks have users. It’s all downhill from there. We’ll present some new ideas about use models (and our research) and the match (or not) with current market offerings, in both web-based and gadget-based formats. We’ll also discuss new user-centered models of “book” publishing. The conclusion will be that the word “book” is holding us back.
You may also like:
- Tapping the full potential of the eBook market – Springer’s MyCopy
- Routes to the digital marketplace: Tune up your ebook data to drive discoverability and distribution success
- What is Usability & Why is it Important?
- Building the scholarly universe
- Creating a Scholarly Universe: The Importance of Asserting a Researcher’s Identity