Todd Carpenter is currently Managing Director of the National Information Standards Organization (NISO), a Baltimore-based non-profit that fosters the development and maintenance of standards that facilitate the creation, persistent management, and effective interchange of information used in research and learning.
Working with NISO’s broad constituency, Todd is working to improve the efficiency of the standards development process, extending the scope and participation of the community in standards creation and adoption, and enhancing the training and outreach programs NISO sponsors.
Prior to joining NISO, Todd had been Director of Business Development with BioOne, an online aggregator of scholarly journals in the biological sciences. Before joining BioOne, Todd was the Journals Marketing Manager at The Johns Hopkins University Press and participated in the development of Project Muse.
He has also held marketing management positions at the Energy Intelligence Group, a news service covering the oil and natural gas industries and The Haworth Press, a scholarly and professional publisher. Todd is a graduate of Syracuse University and holds a master degree in marketing from The Johns Hopkins University.
You may also like:
- Managing Supplemental Content: Practical Advice for Publishers and Researchers: Introduction
- Users: Let’s Throw Them a Bone, Already
- Community Trust Initiatives: CrossMark, DataCite and ORCID
- JATS and NISO — the value of community standardization
- Altmetrics aren’t so alternative anymore: Moving new metrics into the mainstream