After years of research, the Oriental TeX Project can proudly announce that it is closing in on the holy grail of paragraph-based Arabic typography. We illustrate this by demonstrating the typesetting of the Qur’an in LuaTeX and ConTeXt MKIV.
You may also like:
- Removing vertical stretch—mimicking traditional typesetting with TeX
- Mimicking traditional typesetting with TeX
- Threefold on typesetting of E. Szarzyński’s letters: æstetic–, XeTeX– and a little hacker–wise (in Polish)
- Just in Time: Things we can only do with LuaTeX
- Using the Knuth-Plass algorithm to help control widow and orphan lines