The technical qualities of the laser have been used by many artists in holography as well as in other artistic projects. The basic holographic interactivity inherent to this technology can be amplified and diversified by the presentation in installations that use a pre-established system of controlling the light, or reacting to the observer’s presence and movements. The holographic installation adds or emphasises other factors like time to the holographic images. The global work of art can only be perceived by an interactive relationship between the observer and the work. The use of new technologies in visual arts brings a new way of understanding shape relationships, a new form of perceiving and appreciating the configurations that present themselves to our perceptive organization. Key words: visual arts, senses, perceptive organization, shape relationships, configurations, images, installations.
You may also like:
- Improving the remarkable photosensitivity of dichromated gelatin for hologram recording in green laser light
- Experiments in Image Composition for Synthetic Holography
- Natural light holography: possible approaches and current examples
- Digital holographic encryption system based on liquid crystal spatial light modulators
- Fabrication of HOE using CGH technique and laser direct write lithography system