Mobile tech includes computers and phones of all sizes, supported by applications and services. While the technology is one consideration, companies find it takes more than this to be truly successful: understanding the issues, opportunities and effect of mobile technology on the people that use it, is key to digital content providers success and that of editorial collaboration in the modern publishing world. McCarthy comes from outside STM and scholarly publishing, but is very much a leading expert in the world of mobile communications and flexible working, having worked in mobile for 13 years. He is often invited to present on mobile technology and working issues at industry events and in other medica, including BBC TV and radtio.
You may also like:
- Expanding Public Access to University Research Results: Can the Academic Community Agree on a Common Path Forward?
- Informal Evening Keynote: PowerPoint Karaoke – The Cocktail Lounge Edition
- EPUB3: Not your father’s EPUB
- eLife – a researcher-led, open-access journal for life and biomedical science
- Progressive Web Apps with Alex Russell