This session aims to give you a short overview of the metadata enrichment we have done at NPG, how we have done it, what metadata enables us to do what we couldn’t do before and the ‘cost’ of doing it. How use of existing ontologies and metadata such as MESH can add immediate high quality semantic enrichment to your content and can help you find new ways of searching and retrieving your content. Additionally, semantic enrichment has unique challenges for publishers, we will take you through our experiences of these and our thoughts on handling them.
You may also like:
- All aboard the semantic bandwagon! – Now just hold on a minute…
- Making of gold – Stories from the content enrichment work bench
- Finders Keepers – The importance of content discovery, semantic enrichment and the user in an online information economy
- Morning Panel: What’s New in Semantic Enrichment
- What’s New in Semantic Enrichment