Academic rewards come in the form of promotion and tenure, and success is primarily measured by articles and books published and grants received. In a changing technological environment, students read from e-books and scholars publish in open access online journals. How are these changes affecting the publishers of traditional print journals, libraries, and the very process of tenure and promotion itself?
You may also like:
- Research and information habits in the socials sciences and humanities: findings from the Ithaka S+R Faculty Survey
- Keynote: Beyond Topical Relevance: How Scholars Choose Articles to Read
- The dynamics of improving access to research papers
- Keynote: Considering the researched: ethics and online research
- Keynote 1: Will Books be different?