Without any committee or industry body agreeing to it, XML has quietly won the content battle. The shift to producing XML in mass quantities has now reached a tipping point where the goal of production is not only consistent formatting, but also enrichment and curation of XML so that its business value can be extended through both existing and new distribution platforms. This talk reviews Springer’s XML production and explains how new XML-based products have had significant impacts on the Production process.
You may also like:
- Tapping the full potential of the eBook market – Springer’s MyCopy
- Making of gold – Stories from the content enrichment work bench
- Sharing – the foundation of social institutions
- Closing Keynote: Building Community Engagement on Research Transparency and Data Citation
- Keynote: ‘Building capacity for web-enabled science’