David A. Ruth is Senior Vice President, Global Communications for Elsevier, where he is responsible for public relations, internal communications, the corporate internet, issue advocacy, corporate responsibility and philanthropic programs worldwide. He also oversees the Elsevier Foundation, which funds programs to promote access to scientific and medical information in the developing world, expand the participation of women in science, and enhance professional education in nursing.
Previously, David was with Merck & Co., Inc., where he had primary responsibility for corporate external communications, corporate responsibility, corporate advertising, employee communications, publishing, and the Merck Company Foundation. Mr. Ruth also served with the U.S. Department of State under the Clinton Administration, where he was appointed Senior Coordinator for Business Affairs; and the American Express Company, where he held a number of positions in public affairs and communications in Asia, Europe and North America. Mr. Ruth earned a Master’s degree from the Columbia University School of International Affairs, with a specialization in international economics, and a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin
You may also like:
- Web 2.0 technologies and post-publication peer review will supplant ‘traditional’ peer review
- Making sense of science and evidence
- Panel and plenary discussion – Sense about Science
- Introduction to Peer Review presentations
- The Unseen Costs of Peer Review – Why peer review can never be free (even if your paper is perfect)