Disambiguating author names in published literature and databases is a vexing and steadily growing problem. There’s simply too much ‘noise’ and costs are high for all stakeholders in the research ecosystem. While there are many root causes, ResearcherID stands apart as a registry capable of bridging the gap by providing a unique identifier linking contributors with appropriate works. Thomson Reuters is prepared to share this solution with the global research community.
You may also like:
- Open Researcher Contributor ID (ORCID)
- Online Submissions Tools as a Vital Part of Growing Service Ecosystem
- ORCID after launch: ready for future authors services
- Wake-up Session: Can the ‘Academic Sharing Economy’ add Value to the Scholarly Ecosystem?
- Panel discussion – Can the ‘Academic Sharing Economy’ add Value to the Scholarly Ecosystem?