Helle Lauridsen is going to investigate the viability of web scale discovery. Today’s Academic information is not just organized in tidy journal articles indexed in traditional A&I databases but also in repositories, datasets, museum collections and much more. This makes the user experience even more confused, not only does she need to navigate between the traditional resources but also the grey areas which most often have their own search interfaces and methods. Can Web scale searching solve this problem and is metadata manageable at such a large and varied scale?
You may also like:
- Digital Photography with libre Software: RAW, metadata, workflow and asset management
- CameraNets: coverage and data management problems in distributed smart camera networks
- MaDAM: A Data Management Infrastructure for Biomedical Researchers at the University of Manchester
- Institutional Data Management Blueprint
- Making color management “just work” using colord