The convergence of ebook availability, new business models and the economic crisis has speeded library adoption of Patron Driven Acquisition (PDA). Publishers Communication Group has surveyed academic librarians in the U.S. to understand how they select a PDA program, how library purchasing is changing, and what features are particularly important to them. Survey results will be reported on and discussed by a librarian with experience adminstering PDA in academic and corporate libraries.
You may also like:
- Tapping the full potential of the eBook market – Springer’s MyCopy
- The research workflow revolution: the impact of Web 2.0 and emerging social networking tools on research workflow
- Data-driven library infrastructure: a national perspective
- The Transformation of Libraries and their Users: Q & A with Librarians
- The usage-driven Decade. How ‘Patron Driven Acquisition (PDA)’ changes Scholarly Publishing