Robert Levine is the author of Free Ride, which the New York Times Book Review called “a book that should change the debate about the future of culture.” The book, his first, was also praised by Businessweek, Fortune, and the Financial Times. He has been the executive editor of Billboard and a features editor at Wired and New York, and he has contributed to Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone, and the New York Times. He covers the culture business from New York and Berlin.
You may also like:
- Running a business around free software
- Reinventing Collection Development for a Digital Age: On-Demand and On-the-Go
- Plain Text: Graphic Design and Programming Culture
- Open Mind, Literally: Teaching Free Culture As A Life Goal, Brain Surgery, and A Networked Path to Recovery
- Adding value to the collection in a world of free information: How do publishers producing paid-for content compete with free in the online reference world?