Digital media has introduced several problems for traditional publishers. Outputs must be device friendly and support them all, yet not all devices are created equal. For many publishers this means duplicated effort in creating an/or publishing a variety of content in different formats and for many devices. This can be both costly and time consuming and overall, this process is quite fragile. What we need is a new content strategy. We must consider formats, uncoupled information models and real time multi-channel delivery and how these techniques can be utilised to help their organisation become much more nimble and effective in this fast paced changing marketplace.
You may also like:
- E-book publishing – the revival of book publishing for small & medium size academic publishers
- Bit-mapped Holograms Using Phase Transition Mastering (PTM) and Blu-ray Disks
- Publishing in the Cloud: Chances and Challenges
- Lean & Agile: what publishing can learn from startups
- NLM Conversion to Build “Atomic” Physics Content in an Agile Fashion