This presentation will discuss the requirements of orthographies for African languages in Latin scripts and shows how to implement them with modern fonts technologies. Good practices, mistakes and evaluation of fonts for African languages with high requirements will be discussed. The presentation will also showcase various font projects that are benefitting from the input, feedback and work of the Open Source community.
You may also like:
- Features of a robotic typesetter: best practices in defining and implementing OpenType Layout features for European fonts
- Do we need a Cork math font encoding?
- Minion Math — The Design of a New Math Font Family
- Best practices for designing – releasing – maintaining – packaging open fonts
- Revivalism: open font conversion and other great awakenings