This paper proposes a holographic technique to encrypt 2D photonic crystals (PhCs) into embossed holographic security packing materials for anti-counterfeiting. Special diffraction patterns can be obtained from 2D PhCs with certain lattice structures and observed using inexpensive laser pointers. Since there are high technical requirements in fabricating PhCs, packing materials with PhCs encryption have high authentication power. Theoretical design and fabrication of a master with 2D PhC encryption and its application in security packing are presented.
You may also like:
- SWISSGRAM™: A new holographic security solution
- Photorefractive Material Development for Updatable Holographic Three-dimensional Display
- Digital holographic encryption system based on liquid crystal spatial light modulators
- Generalized fresnel lens in security, light managment and holographic packaging applications
- Design and visualization of synthetic holograms for security applications