Many publishers have approached ebook publishing with sceptism and doubt, relating to high initial investment, canabilisation of print markets and problematic DRM and copyright protection. Using the RSC activities as a case study we will be looking at the real opportunities that ebook publishing has presented and how small and medium size publishers can exploit some of these to revive activities in the book publishing area.
You may also like:
- Tapping the full potential of the eBook market – Springer’s MyCopy
- The New POD ‘Publishing On-Demand’: Harnessing On-demand JIT Book Manufacturing for Publishing Success
- Access by Small and Medium-sized Enterprises to Professional and Academic Information
- Breakout Session on OA Book Publishing
- Open Book Publishers: Adapting a Freemium Business Model for Open Access Book Publishing