Professor Janusz Tondel from the Nicolas Copernicus University of Toruń, Poland, researched for sevaral years the incunabula from the Pelplin library. The resulting book was a big challenge for the designer. I will describe the meeting of a contemporary book designer with the history of books and the exceptional personality of the Professor.
You may also like:
- From Buddhist scrolls to graphic novels: facets of South Asian book history
- Threefold on typesetting of E. Szarzyński’s letters: æstetic–, XeTeX– and a little hacker–wise (in Polish)
- What is the difference between pretty and ugly books? (in Polish)
- To TeX or not to TeX? (in Polish)
- Panel: Using E-Books now – Librarians provide insight into the good, the bad, and the not so bad