Making the world a better place has been a powerful engine of ingenuity and has driven technological development from Claude Chappe’s signalling system to Samuel Morse’s telegraph, from Paul Otlet’s information indexes to Ted Nelson’s hyperspace. Information technology in general and the World Wide Web and its label Web 2.0 in particular tell a legend of empowering users and enabling participation.
You may also like:
- Communication design in every language – designing product materials purely in open source
- Best practices for designing – releasing – maintaining – packaging open fonts
- Designing with Free tools in an Open Community: experiences from the Fedora Design Team
- Supporting social scientists in the iResearch Age
- Plenary Session 3 – Informed Decisions