This study investigated how to improve the accuracy of colour characterisation for a three-colour laser scanner, implemented by a lookup table (LUT) with interpolation. The transfer function was trained on a huge number of real and synthetic reflectance spectra, refined through statistical analysis. The lookup table enabled a ‘baseline’ matrix fitting to be enhanced through local deformations of 3D colour space to give optimal colorimetric performance.
You may also like:
- Object-Colour Space Revisited
- Colour and Appearance Analysis of Fruit and Vegetable Soup Using a Digital Colour Imaging System
- Checking Recent Colour-Difference Formulas with a Dataset of Metallic Samples and Just Noticeable Colour-Difference Assessments
- Towards a multivariate probabilistic morphology for colour images
- The fractal estimator: A validation criterion for the colour mathematical morphology