Introduced by Robert M. Campbell, Senior Publisher, Wiley Blackwell, Oxford
Chair: Dr. Rick Borchelt, Office of the Director, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD
The extended publishing community has recently engaged in a number of high-profile conversations regarding the value that the publication process adds to the scientific process and to public understanding of science and technology.
The community could benefit greatly from development of a common set of principles for how to communicate and express those values, depending on the audiences involved and the sector of the community doing the communications.
This session aims to draw together professional communicators from diverse sectors within the publishing community to begin a dialogue with APE participants about what in particular those principles should address and how those principles should be articulated.
Dr. Rick Borchelt, Office of the Director, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD
Michael Mabe, CEO, The International Association of STM Publishers, The Hague and Oxford
Alice Meadows, Director, Society Relations, Wiley, Maiden, MA
Dr. Bernd Pulverer, Head, Scientific Publications, EMBO, Heidelberg
You may also like:
- Session 1: Globalization of Research
- Closing Panel: The Communication of Information – Introduction
- Closing Panel: Dr Rick Borchelt – The Funding of Publishing: Changes and Consequences for Communication
- Closing Panel: Michael Mabe – The Communication of Information
- Panel Discussion – Open Information, Innovation & Communication: Making Publicly Funded Information Free