I discuss revivalist trends in art with relationship to the hand-made and folk tradition, specifically in fiber arts. Innovative artists, having digital fluency, easily navigate networked communities and collaborate openly. By comparing pixels to patchwork, vectors to stitches, bitmaps to patterns, and layers to quilts, they investigate the overlap among a variety of disciplines.
You may also like:
- UpStage – an open source web-based platform for cyberformance
- Open Source project to enable fashion design using open data formats
- Baroque Dreams: Live Multimedia Performance, Interpretive Culture, and Open Source Software
- How to Run an Art School on Free and Open Source Software
- Open Source Graphics and Web Services: A panel discussion