An early and targeted preparation for the university study is a fundamental prerequisite of future success. Paper offers an overview of activities of the Support Centre for Visually Impaired Students focused on early preparation of students with VI for studying sciences at university and forms of special support for students and academic staff during the study. As a result of a TEMPUS project the “Support Centre without barriers” at Moldova State University was created. The state of the art of study opportunities at MSU, mission of the centre and plans for an internatinal co-operation will be presented.
You may also like:
- Holography, art, and science – a course of study at Irvine Valley College, California, USA
- Making TeX support Unicode: The Quest of the Holy Grail
- “Integriert Studieren”: Supporting students with disabilities at the University of Linz
- Expanding Public Access to University Research Results: Can the Academic Community Agree on a Common Path Forward?
- The emotional consequences of the idealisation of the elderly married academic librarian (male) by the elderly unmarried academic librarian (female) – a study