The first step in designing new products, features or applications is to understand the user. Various tools and techniques exist for conducting user research. The user research provides insights into user behavior. The user insights drive new innovative concepts thatt can be tested with the user. The user is the focus of the entire development process. The end result is a product or application that exceeds the user’s expectations. Several examples of how understanding users needs, environments and behaviours lead to innoative products will be reviewed.
You may also like:
- E-Book Trends: An Industry Analyst’s Viewpoint
- Features of a robotic typesetter: best practices in defining and implementing OpenType Layout features for European fonts
- Panel Q & A: What does the user really want? Examining channels, behavior, and business models
- Developing a Statechart-to-ECMAScript Compiler Optimized for SVG User Interface Development for the World Wide Web
- What is Usability & Why is it Important?