Journals have pretty much fully navigated the path from print to digital delivery and yet there have not been transformative changes in the publishing environment. We are just embarking on this journey for books. Where might it take us? This talk will provide a high level overview of the various aspects of a print to digital transition for books used in scholarship and teaching. What are the key challenges and their implications for libraries, publishers, societies, authors and readers?
You may also like:
- Research and information habits in the socials sciences and humanities: findings from the Ithaka S+R Faculty Survey
- Mathematics in DAISY Books
- Introductory Keynote: Demystifying the Digital Conundrum
- Keynote: Research, Results, and Rewards: How is the Academy Changing?
- Evolving Preservation Needs: A Portico Update