The digital content ecosystem is complex. Meanwhile, e-content has become a virtually mandatory component of business strategies – from those of niche publishers to those of independent booksellers and top libraries. However, leveraging existing opportunities requires significant investments in technology infrastructure. It also demands that companies shift resources away from their core businesses to tackle the operational complexities inherent to the digital marketplace. Meanwhile, the print content market is still robust. By leveraging resources and strategies currently available, companies in the content value chain can bring innovative and highly profitable digital products to market.
You may also like:
- The World is Open, Not Flat
- The gatekeeper is dead! Long live the gatekeeper! Or: What does filtering mean for scholarly communications in a web-based world?
- Free Documentation on Floss World
- DeviantArt: Creating Community Around Creativity
- Adding value to the collection in a world of free information: How do publishers producing paid-for content compete with free in the online reference world?