With print books the issue of identification has always been a relatively simple one, particularly with respect to the supply chain. But the advent of a plethora of new format types, product types, the disaggregation of the codex, as well as new and confusing business models both Cloud-based and downloadable, has created a minefield for ebook publishers who wish to take full advantage of the new digital supply chain. This will be a brief case study into how one ebook publisher has attempted to deal with these issues in a confusing landscape.
You may also like:
- E-books from the library perspective: Selection and Delivery
- The New POD ‘Publishing On-Demand’: Harnessing On-demand JIT Book Manufacturing for Publishing Success
- A Society Publisher’s Future Perspective
- Current and future challenges in China: What’s an STM publisher to do?
- Metrics – an OA publisher’s perspective