LibreDWG is a library to handle files in the DWG format used by AutoCAD. I will present a general overview of the history of the project, explaining how a group of students at the University of São Paulo developed a new and relevant free software library (listed in the FSF High Priority Projects List) and how it became approved as an official GNU package.
You may also like:
- Cantarell: Designing Typefaces Using Only Free Software
- How to Run an Art School on Free and Open Source Software
- How I made a free New Zealand coffee-table book using lots of Free Software
- Joining Spirits with Aiki Framework: The New Web Engine for Open Clip Art Library
- Free Open Software: An Untapped Resource for the Small Publisher: Introduction